Monday, July 6, 2020

Odd broom

Things in real life are weirder than I feel comfortable portraying in my book. (My imaginary book that I'm not writing). Take, for instance, my broom. My jaaru. It's a nasty green colour, and the entire thing is plastic. When you think of a broom, you think of a long handle, with the brush at the end that's probably about a foot long. Like an upside-down T. A jaaru, normally, is made of wooden sticks that end in soft grassiness, all tied together in a bunch. I never thought in my life I would have a green, plastic jaaru. It's sort of embarassing.

Worse, it's extremely damaged. For a long time I would store it by putting it in the corner standing up, the way you would a broomstick. This made the plastic "hairs" bend. Then Fizzah started playing with it by smashing it into things, which bent the hairs even more. Now, this jaaru has actual knots and curls in it. I've respectfully started storing it lying down, at least. But clumps of hair and debris remain stuck in its hairs and it still looks like a tangly abomination. This ain't no story-book jaaru. 

No comments:

Post a Comment