Thursday, July 9, 2020

Creating Happiness

I have to get the house ready for guests. I haven't had guests in a year, so this makes me a bit anxious. We are to give and to receive though, right? That's life. I hate participation. I hated participation marks. But, it takes a village to raise a child, and it takes a village to celebrate her birthday. If not a village, at least a family. She deserves it.

I remember planning a Halloween party and it was so much fun. It took a team of us to do that, too. Mummy with the food help, H with picking up the ordered food and helping me decorate and clean. Papa with his opinions and feedback. Happy times.

I have a pretty similar team, still. Mummy, over the phone, telling me what I need to do and telling me to enjoy it. Funny, how I needed permission, but it's true that I needed it. I can and will enjoy this. This is fun. People getting together. All of our fondest memories are of fun get-togethers with people. These parties have to be orchestrated by someone. I am basically creating happiness, in lieu of Fizzah's birthday. Isn't that something. 

H, a different H, will help me decorate and clean. It's actually much less work for me this time than the Halloween party I'd thrown: there are way fewer guests, the guests have invited themselves, they're bringing their own food, and I don't have to get any RSVPs! There are also no costumes and no planned games.

My main job, that I'm assigning myself just now since it suddenly doesn't look like I have anything to do, is to make my house look less embarassing. I've got to dress her up. I'll give her a shower (get the scribbles off the wall), put her in a nice, unstained dress (roll out and vacuum the carpets) and put some make up on her (balloons & streamers).

Best part: There will be cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment