Thursday, July 30, 2020

Chai time

Chai is the sweet something that runs down your throat and warms and cools you at the same time. It seeps into your blood and relaxes all the little nerves. It rushes up behind your eyes, like a gentle massage, eases all the headache away. It is the life force. It is the reason I wake up in the morning. It is what I wait for when my daughter falls asleep. The good heat of it, the aromatic smell of it, the rainy hug of it. It is what brings us together, and comforts us when we are apart. It is my best friend. It is my greastest secret: shared, universally.


1 comment:

  1. I came across your blog and I just wanted to say that I was drinking tea just a milisecond before reading this paragraph about tea. I love when such coincidences happen, isn´t it magical? :) To experience your words at the right moment. Tea, like you write, is a life force, shared universally. And you´ve got a lovely collection of poetry on this blog as well.
    Take care,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete