Saturday, December 1, 2018

In the space of one semester

In the last four months, I have learned so much that is new. I know how to change a diaper, burp a baby, bathe her and change her outfit. I have the toys for distraction. I can talk baby-talk and heat up food with just one hand. I know I never need to set an alarm for waking up. 

I know the extent of her clothing better than I know my own, and I know how much laundry it takes. She changes 3-5 outfits a day and her neck is wet with milk and drool. 

I know her tired eyes and offended eyes, tired eyes and sleepy eyes, aching eyes and whining eyes and her pick-me-up eyes. I know how much of her crying I can take. I know love, too, can turn to rage and back again. 

I wonder what she will turn out to be. I am blessed by the moments when she is happy, and in someone else's hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment